One thing I have difficulty with is focusing. I want to do schlocky science fiction, fantasy, and horror films. I’d like to do a “Kids Next Door” or “Scooby Do” like cartoon. I want to move to Portugal, and learn Portuguese. I want to learn to play my keyboard, and my guitar. I want to speak better and to sing. I want to learn to dance, lose weight, earn money, want, want, want.
I need to focus on earning money this year. It doesn’t need to be a ton of money, but I need an income stream.
Step one of that is getting my website running, with a style that’s my own, and properly organized. I need to have a backup and deployment plan.
- Step One
- Step Two
- Portfolio to present on the website
- Step Three
- Looking for revenue
- Could be streaming YouTube of me working
- Then the 15 minute to 1/2 hour finished episodes of. . . something
- Could be Freelance
- Could be some form of corporate work. Maybe VFX and/or animations for commercials
- There may be a little overlap. If I’m really going to move to Portugal I’ll need to:
- Research what type of Visa I’ll need
- Research which city(s) I’d actually move to
- How expensive are rents? Is there any sort of rent control? What about medical insurance?
- Learn some pidgin Portuguese
Today, the website. I need to understand Hugo, I need to lay the website out, and get it styled. At least something that isn’t the default Hugo or Ananke theme.